Monday, February 25, 2013

Ideal Vacation?

With the announcement today of the Orion Festival 2013 lineup in Detroit, MI, this June, I had to look at the logistics of attending. Then I found out that Detroit is only 2.5 hours from Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I fired up Mapquest and report the following:

Here's the mileage:
From my house to the concert in Detroit is 7 hours 57 minutes / 490.80 miles.
Then from Detroit to Cleveland is 2 hours 46 minutes / 164.85 miles.
Finally, from Cleveland to home is 8 hours 55 minutes / 557.13 miles.

Only 1212.78 total miles.

Unfortunately, it is the weekend of the Sigwarth campout in Elkader, which is about as traditional as "Insert your favorite national holiday, like 4th of July."

Damn.

These are the bands and the ones with the red rectangle are the ones I've either listened to or read about in some capacity:

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't do my homework prior to the concert and listen to all the bands listed. In fact, even though I'm about as likely to see Metallica in June, I am going to make it a point to learn more about these bands through youtube and embed videos on this blog with what I learn. Stay tuned over the next 103 days.

I know that Detroit is fairly close, but I'm hoping Orion Festival 2014 is closer.


No comments: