Tuesday, June 16, 2015

How the Hell did I not Know of JP Cappelletty

Last night, I'm watching WWE Raw and, towards the end of the episode, it's announced that Machine Gun Kelly (MGK) is going to sing. Raw is live from Cleveland, OH, and MGK is from Cleveland, OH, so it makes sense to showcase a local hero. As I'm watching MGK sing, I see the drummer behind him and I am instantly captivated. He's playing with a fluidity that I've not seen before. Sure, he's twirling sticks and doing showmanship things - with an obvious homage to Tommy Aldridge and Tommy Lee - as he plays, but this drummer has taken it up a notch. After Raw, I look on youtube.com and come across the following videos. I'm impressed!
From 2010:

From 2011:



This video was published on Mar 16, 2013 and shows JP Cappelletty playing drums behind stage before the show with Machine Gun Kelly in Billings, Montana on the Hostile Takeover Tour.


No comments: