Monday, June 19, 2017

Mark This Down! I said "No" to These CDs

One of our former neighbors was having a garage sale and borrowed some of our tables. I asked if she had CDs and she said she did. This AM, she sent me this list:

Here is a list of what did not sell at the garage sale. Let me know if any interest you.
  1. Disney's Superstar Hits
  2. Kanye West -Graduation
  3. Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
  4. Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad
  5. David Guetta - One love
  6. Backstreet Boys
  7. Pink - Funhouse
  8. NSync - No strings attached
  9. Pink - Truth about Love
  10. Nicki Minaj - Roman REloaded
  11. Music from the Motion Picture The Wedding Singer
  12. High School Musical
  13. High School Musical 2
  14. Go Fish Superstar
  15. Big Ideas Jonah - a Veggietales Movie soundtrack
  16. Hannah Montana
  17. Katy Perry - one of the Boys
  18. Gloria Estefan - Greatest Hits
  19. Forrest Gump -2 CDs
  20. Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing
  21. Beyonce - Sasha Fierce
  22. The Cheetah Girls - TCG
  23. Fergie-The Dutchess
  24. The Black Eyed Peas-The E.N.D.
  25. Will Smith Greatest Hits
  26. Skrillex-Bangarang
  27. Gwen Stefani-Love Angel Music Baby

I said "Sadly, no." Only the "Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing" remotely interested me. I already have the Backstreet Boys (blech!) and NSync (blech! blech!) so if she can get some money from Stuff, the local consignment store, that would be a better option for her. Even though I don't write about it a lot, I am still plugging away on the CD to MP3 conversion. In fact, I have started ripping Spindle #22 and have a goal to have it completed by Friday, 6/30/2017. There are 66 more CDs to go, which means I have 6 days to rip 66 CDs, which means I need to rip 11 CDs each of the following days:

6/19 - Monday (today!)
6/20 - Tuesday
6/21 - Wednesday
6/22 - Thursday
6/28 - Wednesday*
6/29 - Thursday

6/23 - 6/25 = in Elkader
6/26 & 6/27 = in Cedar Falls for Alex's UNI orientation

Crazy!! I estimate that each CD takes 5 minutes - including taking it off the spindle, putting it in the drive, setting the Composer field, and clicking the Rip CD button in Windows Media Player. With 66 CDs to rip and 5 minutes per CD, that puts me at 330 minutes / 60 = 5.5 hours. When I break it down like that, it's ~ 1 hour each night. I should be able to do that.

I hope!

No comments: