Thursday, June 7, 2018

Not a Huge DB Fan

There's a radio station (98.5 in Iowa City) that claims it plays "smart rock" on its station. Whenever Rock 108 plays Nine Inch Nails or Deftones or Filter (c'mon - do I really need to hear "Hey Man Nice Shot" again?!?) or Aerosmith (please! if "Walk This Way" has to be played, mix it up with the Run DMC collaboration just to mess with people), I change to their station. When I got in the truck this AM, the radio was set at 98.5 and, when this song began, I didn't change it. I'm not a huge Doobie Brothers fan - I've never had "The Doobie Brothers" as a label on any of the 6000ish posts on this blog - but I respect what they've done. I have their 'greatest hits' tunes and, on occasion, I give that a spin.


My all-time favorite DB tune is "China Grove" because I love the guitar riff:


No comments: