Monday, July 29, 2019

The First of 70

Today is my first day back at work after a much-needed and well-deserved vacation. We were in Elkader from Friday, 7/19, through Sunday, 7/21. On Monday, 7/22, Karen, Megan, Alex, and I headed north to Wisconsin Dells, WI, where we stayed at the Wilderness Resort. We did a lot of fun things up there including, but not limited to:
  • the "Original Ducks" tour
  • the Tommy Bartlett show
  • lots of good food at:
    • Honker's
    • Denny's
    • Moosejaw
    • Monk's
  • lots of water slides and lazy rivers and a wave pool
As might be expected, I sent a lot of emails to myself with ideas for posts to create on this blog. I have a specific folder into which all of these emails are automatically moved to and, as of this morning, there are 70. Sometimes, with that large of a backlog, I will create a single post with a whole bunch of links - I did that after our vacation in June. This time, though, I am thinking I am going to create 70 posts (starting with this one) with a brief explanation as to why I thought it was worth creating a post about it. The exception will be links or graphics related to politics, which I will add to my designated political page: Get Your Political Opinions Here 5.5. As of right this moment, there are 175 links & graphics & embedded videos on that page and I mention that because I am curious, out of the 70 emails I sent to myself, how many are related to politics.

So, to begin, this is the preview of an email that was in my inbox. I thought it would be a good post on this blog because CSS is an area of interest to me because of my work with the Disaster Recovery documentation and Knowledge Management projects. I am not proficient with CSS - I borrow, beg, and retrofit more than I write fresh original CSS rules so any opportunity to learn is one I will embrace. The problem with the screen capture below is that, somehow, the actually CSS code displays in the email preview, which should not happen.



No comments: