Tuesday, January 14, 2020

An Exception

That BOOM you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor after I read this article - Warren: We Need to Stop Putting Trans Women in Prison With Men - and watched the video below. Quoting the article, Warren stated, "We have to protect all of our people, and it works all the way through the system . . . One of the things we have to think about as a nation—we have to stop putting trans women who are incarcerated into prisons with men where they are at risk."

A trans woman is genetically a male. If I revise what Warren said by replacing "trans women" with "men," this is what she would have said:
We have to stop putting men who are incarcerated into prisons with men.
Is that logical? Does that make sense?

It does not make sense to me.

Democrats, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, put Warren up as your nominee for president in the 2020 race. I want men to not be sent to prison with other men. Send the men to the prison with women instead. I don't think putting a woman in the same cell as a trans woman will cause anything. 


No comments: