Friday, May 8, 2020

Leash on a Freak

I'll admit that I was not a huge Korn fan when they first released their music. I have never gone out of my way to listen to Korn so when I saw that Rick Beato was going to talk about a Korn tune, I was initially hesitant. While I learn a lot when I listen to Rick Beato about music, mainly because I've never taken a piano or guitar lesson, I don't really consider Korn's music to be overly complex.


There's something interesting about the name of this tune, which is called "Freak on a Leash." I wonder if the tune ever had a temporary name and, if it did, was it called "Leash on a Freak"? I know that within the lyrics, Jonathan Davis sings the true title of the tune ("Freak on a Leash") but that doesn't mean the title of the tune couldn't be the reverse of the lyrics. In this instance, the real title puts the emphasis on the word "freak" whereas if it was called "Leash on a Freak," the emphasis would be on the word "leash" which likely means that they wanted the focus to be on the word "freak," which goes along with the way that Korn presented their image.

That said, I like the information in this video.





No comments: