Monday, November 30, 2020

I Need to TAKE CONTROL

I want to learn how to edit videos as I want to be able to post individual tunes that RPM has played together - including original tunes that Randy wrote as well as cover tunes - in the hopes that we can play jam in the same room in the future.

I want to organize my cassette tapes as I need to know how many I need to convert - my self-made compilations and my "Jam Tapes" of me playing drums with different musicians lead this list - and how many I can locate on YouTube.com - the albums I purchased / obtained through purchasing at a store or by some other means.

I want to organize my External Hard Drives. Currently, I have 51.79 TB capacity and 31.07 TB used, which leaves 20.72 TB free across my 7 External Hard Drives. This is unacceptable. I outlined what I want to do in my personal journal, which is to identify exactly what is my data and, once I have that identified, I want to designate an External Hard Drive for the specific purpose of backing up that data. I also want to designate an External Hard Drive for being a "Sandbox" for projects I dream up, including renaming JPG files to not have a space in the file name as well as to create a single folder with all of my MP3s so that I can identify duplicate files. I also want to figure out - and decide once and for all - how I want to organize my files. On one hand, I have a need to organize by date while I also have a need to organize by topic. For example, I shouldn't have to remember that the Bayside concert at Gabes in January 2019 was on January 30, 2019 - I should be able to search for "Bayside" and have a folder display in my search results that includes the folder with the pictures and videos from that concert as well as any pictures and videos from the concert I attended with Megan in October 2013.  

And when do I want all of this figured out? Yesterday.

On another topic, today is starting my 33rd week of working from home.

No comments: