Monday, April 26, 2021

I'm Funny on a Monday

This article from Blabbermouth.net - Kingdom Come Might Have To 'Alter' Band Name In Order To Release New Music - caught my eye on Friday and, after reading it, I have this thought: 


If Kingdom Come needs to change their name, I suggest Come Kingdom. If that is unacceptable, my second choice would be Come, Kingdom.


I got the idea from Wikipedia, which is where I learned the following:


[Kingdom Come] was due to tour the UK, supporting WASP, shortly after release of the second single, but split up before the tour commenced (ironically WASP also lost guitarist and co-founder Chris Holmes at the same time, meaning they also had to cancel the tour). ... In an interview, the band's members talk about the title of the album, saying that when you first look at the LP, you read "Kingdom Come", then, as you move your eyes downwards, you read "In your face". They laugh and say: "Kingdom come ... in your face, get it?", making an obscene joke or double entendre of it.

Honestly, I have not listened to a single Kingdom Come album since their second album, called In Your Face. I know they were on the Monsters of Rock tour with Dokken, Metallica, The Scorpions, and Van Halen in 1988, but I didn't attend that concert. I wish I would have. I wonder what it would have taken to get those 5 bands to tour again to celebrate the 25th anniversary of that tour in 2013. Eddie Van Halen was still alive.  This is a review of a concert from that tour that happened 30 years ago!: https://www.vhnd.com/2018/05/28/monsters-of-rock/

Also, I found out that the band Kingdom Come has released over 10 albums! (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come_(band)#Discography)

Editor's Note: While enjoying the first and second album by the band Kingdom Come, today is the first time the Kingdom Come label has ever been used on this blog.

No comments: