Monday, November 29, 2021

Do I Miss Writing Music Reviews?

It was on this date, in 2016, when my last music review was published on DailyVault.com: Metallica - Hardwired... To Self-Destruct. To this day, I agree with the following words:
I know the opening title track is possibly the worst song Metallica has ever recorded. The lyrics are dismal ("We're so fucked / Shit out of luck"). The guitar solo is short and not memorable. That said, it is a short blast and it does have the energy ramped up. When it was released as the first single, my first impression was to put it as the final track. It sounded a lot like the last tune on some of their albums ("Damage Inc." on Master Of Puppets, "Dyers Eve" on Justice, and even "My Apocalypse" on Death Magnetic) because of its length and intensity.

A better opening track, though, would easily have been "Atlas, Rise!," though I hate songs with punctuation in the title. It is my favorite track.

No comments: