Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Never Saw AIC in Concert

I'm pretty sure I've wrote about how idiotic I was in July 1991. There was a tour that came to Cedar Rapids, IA, and on the bill were the following bands:
  1. Alice in Chains
  2. Anthrax
  3. Slayer
  4. Megadeth
Because I wasn't there, I don't remember if that was the order that they played in. While I can say that I've seen Anthrax (once), Slayer (twice), and Megadeth (three times), I never had the opportunity to see Alice in Chains after that concert. I don't remember if they ever came back to the area to play a concert and then, like Thanos snapping his fingers, Layne Staley was dead, which also ended any hope of seeing their original lineup play in front of my eyes. In fact, I'm not even sure if the band with their replacement singer have ever come to the area.

No comments: