Friday, February 18, 2022

Thrown Away 42 years Ago

Did I go to the KISS concert on 10-10-1979? No. Earl & Sheila Billington, longtime close friends of my parents did. I have wondered if they invited my parents to go with them and what my parents would have said to that. I wonder if I had asked to go, would I have seen my first-ever concert on 10-10-1979? 

It was after the concert when Sheila gave me the KISS 1979 Tour Book. I don't remember how much time passed between 10-10-1979 and when she gave it to me so I'm using the concert date in Cedar Rapids as my starting date for all date calculations in this post. 

To get into my mind in 1979, I am guessing I had started taking drum lessons at Carma Lou's House of Music on Center Point Road. Obviously, I was starting to be interested in playing drums; yet, when I looked at that KISS 1979 Tour Book, I only cared about the pictures of Peter Criss' massive drumset.

How could I have understood what I was holding in my hands? I blame my age for not being able to understand that what I was holding in my hands should not be ripped apart. I had only been on Earth for 9 years, 10 months, 6 days (3597 days) so I really didn't know what a tour book was, who KISS were in the "Big Picture" of music, or that I would be thinking about that tour book 42 years, 4 months, 1 week, 1 day (15472 days) later. The following screenshot is from Wikipedia.


 I also read this article about the 1979 KISS tour: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-dynasty-tour/

No comments: