Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Ds 4 Sale ... and None are Going into 830 Studios

Here's a reality check. I am not playing drums in my Ideal Band. The latest prospect I had for an Ideal Band is a group that rehearses on Saturdays. With Alex & Hannah's wedding coming up in 80 days (2 months, 2 weeks, 5 days)*, I am not going to take on playing drums in a band. I don't want to allow myself the opportunity to lose focus. Yet, I continue to torture myself when I look at Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist > Musical Instruments for Sale. It never fails to reveal drums for sale that I will never buy. I need to be actively playing in an Ideal Band, with paying gigs, before I can justify to myself any new-to-me electronic set. That's why when I see electronic sets (the $50 bass drums ad is collateral damage because of how the search results in Facebook Marketplace where sorted), ranging from
  1. $499 for the Yamaha
  2. $700 for the Roland
  3. $750 for the Alesis
  4. $1400 for another Roland
  5. $2500 for another Roland
I smirk as I know I am not buying any of them.



What's interesting is that the $2500 price is only $.01 more than what I would pay at Guitar Center.

* I say this because I want to be focused on Alex's wedding and fear that any Ideal Band that comes to light in the next 80 days would only serve as a distraction. I realize that is one of my (many) character flaws in that I like shiny objects.

No comments: