Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hey, wanna start a Rock Band?!? Why? You know a good Drummer?

Our neighbors across the street have a PS 2 and the game called "Rock Band." I went over to pick up the kids and it was my first time seeing this game. WOW! Is that ever fun! Alex tried the guitar, I got the drums, and Megan sang. We tried the Clash's "Should I Stay or Go." What's funny is that when the drums were set to 'easy,' I consistently failed the song. I could hear the hi-hat, but it wasn't telling me to play it. So we changed the drums to "Expert" and I did better.

As it turns out, I may have a gig playing for the upcoming Confirmation Mass in early May. The parish music directory, Judy, wants to have a drummer so I'm going to do it. There is an old set back behind the altar so next Saturday I'm going to stay after Mass and try setting it up to hear what it sounds like. Then I'll also know what I need to bring to be comfortable. I'm assuming I'll bring my own snare and hi-hat and maybe my bass drum pedal. Of course, sticks too and maybe a crash cymbal. I'm not sure exactly what that set has with it. I think it's a fairly old kit - maybe from the 70s, judging by the finish.

No comments: