Thursday, April 17, 2008

MC, Life, and a Pitty Den

This week has been exciting.

First of all, Motley Crue has announced their own Crue Fest tour. According to the information I have:
Produced by Live Nation, Crüe Fest, a touring rock festival featuring thehottest names in rock and alternative, kicks off on July 1st, and will hitover 40 major North American cities by the end of August. As if fansgetting to see a Mötley Crüe show were not enough, there is an impressiveline-up for the first year of the tour which includes Buckcherry, PapaRoach, breakout rock artist Sixx:A.M., and alternative rock band Trapt. Tickets will go on sale via www.LiveNation.com beginning Friday or Saturday, depending on the market. Fans that can’t wait for the onsale can get their tickets immediately by going to TheRockvine.com.

How awesome is that tour? I'm not making the trek to Memphis in May this year so a one day trip to Milwaukee may be in the cards. I'll have to see how that works out.

Secondly, this week flew by with softball on Monday, a trip to Pizza Hut on Tuesday, the rescheduled kids' Spring Musical (last week was the tornado warning), and tonight was supposed to be softball, but the heavens opened up a downpout so I had to watch "Survivor," TNA Wrestling, and ER.

Third and finally, tonight is the first night I've been in the den for more than a minute since Sunday. When I was tearing the room apart to locate the tax info, I made a mess. I did not finish putting it all away or even going through the mound of paper on Sunday. That means it surrounds me now as I write this.

Big weekend this weekend. Tomorrow night, there is a Euchre tournament for my co-workers. It's starts @ 6 and gets over ~10 or so. I imagine I'll get home ~10:30. Saturday is Alex's baseball practice @ 9 and I'm taking Megan to a pitching clinic. She is supposed to be from 10:45-12 but I'm taking her to the early one so that we can leave @ 10:30 to go up to Cedar Falls for my nephew's birthday party. I know we're coming home Saturday evening. Sunday AM will be 11 AM Mass. I need to find out what condition the drums behind the altar are in so I know what to bring for the Confirmation Mass.

Next week is even busier with baseball and softball practice, a new Lost, a new ER, and lots of other stuff. On Saturday is North Liberty Spring Clean Up Day so there will be some prep work for that. After that is our friends' son's birthday party. Sunday AM is my nephew/godson's 1st Communion in Davenport so we'll be there on Sunday. Then we're already into May.

Life is moving very quickly, but I enjoy it.

No comments: