Saturday, April 26, 2008

More of the same...

Even though, as I look out the window in the den I see sunshine, Megan's pitching clinic is cancelled. It alleviates the schedule a little bit, but with a full slate of practice, clean-up day, a birthday party, Acolyte training @ church, and another birthday party tonight, it is a full slate. It is 7:00 AM and I have, roughly, until 8:00 to mess around on the PC.

Of course, that means I had to go to the About.com pro wrestling site and read about Backlash, the PPV this Sunday.

Late yesterday, I was approached by our sys admin and... well, here is the email I sent:

I am being asked if the Word 2007 add-in "Save as PDF & XPS" can replace Adobe Acrobat. In the past, I used the "Convert cross-references and table of contents to links" option in my Distiller settings to make my TOC clickable. I downloaded the add-in, it installed fine, but I can't find an option that is the equivalent of what Adobe Acrobat allowed me to do.
I googled for "Convert cross-references and table of contents to links" "Word 2007" and got 3 hits - none of them helpful.
Am I just missing a simple setting somewhere?

Initial responses indicate no, I'm not missing a simple setting somewhere. Rats.

The full story is that I am migrating from my virtual W2K PC to Vista. I have a grocery list of software I need - RoboHelp 7, Dreamweaver, Paint Shop Pro - in order to duplicate my W2K setup on the Vista PC. I'm not interested in asking my employer to spend buttloads of money so not needing Acrobat would be ~$50 less bucks they need to spend.

In other news, I've been listening to Metallica's St. Anger release in light of reading about their upcoming 9th studio release. I'm starting to get excited about it, even if the new CD doesn't end up sounding like SA.

No comments: