Friday, June 6, 2008

Really, it's okay that it's Raining Today but...

I really hope it does not rain tomorrow. Jessica and Anthony are being married and I *SO* want a beautiful day for them.

I want sunshine, but not heat.

I want winds, but not gusts that will mess up her hair or play havoc with anything.

I want the rain today but not at the risk of causing traffic issues in getting from North Liberty to downtown Iowa City. Dubuque Street was closed yesterday so that means having to go out to the Dodge Street exit in order to go downtown. That means taking longer to get from the church to the reception at the South Slope facility in North Liberty.

I want the start of their marriage to be perfect, even though I admit, marriage is not perfect. A $2000 knee surgery bill is unpredictable and has impacted an otherwise perfect world. In my vision of a perfect world, there would be no $2000 medical bills. By itself, it's not terrible, but add in other expenses and you get a lot of ...

Was I digressing from my point?

I really hope the day is gorgeous for them. Karen is going to South Slope ~2 to help decorate the reception area. I think that's when it'll really hit.

My job at the reception is to pour the drinks. While I did that @ Travis' reception (Travis is Jessica's brother), this time, I am going to have a bucket that says "Tips for Anthony and Jessica" for when people come up.

No comments: