Sunday, June 8, 2008

Seventh Day

Last night was Anthony and Jess' wedding. We stayed at the reception until 11:30. It was a good party. One of my friends was the DJ and one of my co-workers was the security guard. There was a lot of alcohol consumed - 3 kegs plus bottles of champagne, a bottle of Crown Royal, a couple of 40 oz Bud Light bottles, and some cases of beer that were purchased after the last keg went dry. Since I drove home, I had one beer.

It's 7:20 AM. I know we have a lot to clean up in the house - yesterday's prep for the wedding has left the house in shambles as far as stuff laying around. It is going to be a day of cleaning up, I think. The mountain of laundry has multiplied magically and I have a suspicion that we will start thinking about next Friday, when we leave for camping in Elkader.

So Anthony and Jess start the next chapter of their relationship. On the way home, Karen mentioned that the next 'milestone' in our circle of friends will be Megan's graduation from high school in 2015 and Alex's in 2017.

I can tell you that I would need as long as I can get to prepare myself for even considering the prospect of walking Megan down the aisle. I can't conceive that situation - I'm not ready to even admit that day is even a possibility. I'm in denial that she will be a nun, something she assures me she will *not* be.

In the meantime, life will go on and she will grow older, wiser, and more sure of herself. She and I danced to some songs and ... I'm just not ready.

In other news, the sun is not out yet. It is cloudy and I saw lightening earlier.

No comments: