Monday, March 16, 2009

By the way, here's more work...

I had kind of high hopes for this week but, already on Monday night, they are sinking. I was in a long meeting today about procedures in documentaiton. We need them, they are already there, but no one seems to know it. There's a meeting tomorrow about a project that several people attended training for so I get to learn what we are going to do, and then, on Wednesday, there's a meeting with senior management about documentation review. In the meantime, I need to insert .bmp files into a Word doc. In the meantime, I already feel overwhelmed by all the stuff being dumped on me. And that's not bird shit - that's the truth. I know I just need to take a deep breath. I have 8 total systems to develop UI changes for and I made it through ~75% of one today. Then there was the meeting and some client issues I need to resolve. I updated a single Word doc so at least I've got some documentation done.

It's funny. I feel like I will never catch up with anything. I feel like I am in a pit of sand and can't get a foothold to find my way out. And those feelings have been coming down on me for months. It is not getting easier for me to get my work done - in fact, it seems like there are new obstacles and new directions that keep getting in my way. The sheer amount of *work* that needs to be done by me is staggering.

I know with a positive attitude, I can make it through March and into April. I know what work has to be accomplished tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday so, for the most part, my week is planned out. What hinders my productivity is the "small" things that creep up - like the doc change I did today and the client call reports I did not anticipate.

It is midnight now, I am getting up @ 4 to help Karen get ready to work - and then I am going to go into work. I anticpate a 12 hour day tomorrow.

No comments: