Tuesday, March 10, 2009

E-mail from someone I know

Hey - sorry I haven't written for some time. You asked "how is your day going?"

I have to answer absolutely crazy. I walked in to work that a co-worker did not finish so it became my job. I'm trying to get work done for our next release but I have to get the CD created first. I went to create the CD and the files are more than 700 MB. The awesome programming for the rewrite of our systems continues and I'm really excited. Today, they're involving me in their discussion about how to allow a user to quickly add a value to a drop-down list. They're talking about a + icon to the right of the drop-down and how it should be aligned and the works. It's really cool to be talking about the nuts and bolts of the software. There's some work in the UI that I haven't had time to do. I was trained on it back in October but I haven't touched it since. So there's discussions now about me taking a couple of days to teach someone else how to do it.

And in the middle of all this chaos - with my Metallica "Death Magnetic" playing in my headphones - what were my co-workers talking about?

Bird shit.

Seriously.

I'm racing around trying to get crap done and they're talking about bird shit not coming out of clothes.

Seriously.

Eventually, everything worked out. I got my work done.

It shouldn't bother me that my co-workers were talking about bird shit. It really shouldn't. I really find it disrespectful of others at the company that are attempting to get their long to do list done.

So tomorrow, I'm hoping to have more time to get the GUI development done because I have to cut tomorrow so I can burn a CD on Friday.

Write back when you have time."

No comments: