Monday, October 12, 2009

Dad, Michael Jackson sings "We are the World!"

I don't know what they are teaching at Alex's school. I didn't get home until after 7:00 due to a meeting and then turning in $8.75 at Fareway in cans and bottles. When I tucked him in, he told me that Michael Jackson sang, "We are the World." This kid wants to rewrite history. "No," I told him, "there were more singers than Michael Jackson."

"But Dad, I saw it on youtube," he defended himself.

"You were on youtube, when I wasn't home?" I arched my eyebrows in disapproval.

"Dad, I looked for 'we are the world' and found Michael Jackson. Then I clicked 'Delete Browser History.'" he told me.

So wrong that an 11 year-old thinks to cover his Internet tracks with deleting his browsing history.

BUT.... before I get on to the video he saw, this is the video *I* saw tonight! NEW 1997!!!
Editor's Note - the video in question was removed from youtube.com so it is no longer available for your viewing pleasure.


Michael Jackson's demo of "We are the World"

Editor's Note - the video in question was removed from youtube.com so it is no longer available for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: