Monday, October 12, 2009

Two Jams on the Radio

First, KRNA actually played this song on the radio while I was pumping gas into Karen's van @ Casey's. I remember when this came out, it was "so rebellious" for the same band that had won over the world with "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child of Mine" to sing about murder. There's a cassette of Old Stew playing this song at rehearsal in 1992.


Then, on the way home, The Fox 100.7 played this song:

But it actually sounded more like this. I have always remembered that I auditioned for a band (on drums) in Urbana. This is one of the songs we played and I hadn't heard the song before. I remember the singer and guitarist trying to teach where the snare hits were. I know I totally flubbed up the audition on this song.... I think they had a tape of it and had me listen to it, then we tried it again. Never played with them beyond that...

No comments: