Sunday, February 27, 2011

Just Another "Oh MY! I'm SO BUSY" type post...

Today came and went. I spent a couple of hours doing my contract work, then we went to 11 AM Mass. I played drums with the high school group and that was a lot of fun. I like to play drums for them because there is a nice vocal performance in my ears when I play. It gives me more energy, in a way, to play with them. I liked the set list of songs and that makes Mass even better.

After Mass, we went to eat. The four of us had the brunch and it was an early indication of what our restaurant bills will look like as the kids exit being on the kids menu and instead are the same price as Karen and I. Not a big deal; just kind of something I thought about.

After breakfast, Megan took us for a drive that included a few miles on I-80. Some chick with a New York license plate didn't like the way Megan entered the interstate and honked her horn at us. Karen was in the front seat for this little excursion.

When we got home, our former neighbor Dave called. He had brought a giant TV from Kansas City to North Liberty and needed help carrying it down the steps. We visited for awhile after that and then returned home.

At home, we putzed around. I was going to watch TV but it didn't seem like there was any time because the next thing I knew, it was time to go to Alex's basketball practice.

When we got home from that, we had supper, played a game of rummy, and then I came down here to write about my day.

This coming week is busy but more on that as the week unfolds.

No comments: