Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Night

Sometimes, I just do not like the night. You go to bed and the world makes sense and you wake up to chaos.

I went to bed ~10:00 last night, maybe a bit later. Karen was watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and a new "Four Weddings" was going to be on after that. I have zero interest in either show. I went and laid down in bed. The next thing I know, it's 7:15 AM. Karen says, "Guess what? The dryer doesn't heat up."

The dryer for all I know worked when I went to bed. Strike one for the world not making sense.

I get up and walk by the living room. Megan is on the couch watching TV. She says to me, "I can't hear out of my left ear."

Her ear for all I know worked when I went to bed. Strike two for the world not making sense.

I go downstairs to the den. At this point I'm thinking this is all a crazy coincidence and some new Bayside will put life back on the right track. New Bayside? Why yes. Yesterday, I made contact with Bayside's new record label and received a promo of Bayside's new release! I can listen to it by streaming, a technology I am not all that familiar with, but it was purely awesome. I listened to some of the songs yesterday. Bet you know where this is going. The link to the promo location worked fine. I even emailed my editor and asked about running a 'day of release' review on Tuesday. Sure, send a review by Sunday and we'll run it. I fire up my PC, click the link (that worked yesterday) and "ERROR! Cannot read server."

What the hell.

I tried it on a separate PC and nope. Broken.

There it is. I went to bed last night with all of the above things in life making sense and during my restful sleep - I was tired obviously - I did not have anything to do with anything breaking or suddenly not working. Yet, I wake up to chaos and uncertainty.

We'll probably call a repair guy to look @ the dryer on Monday. Megan's ear will hopefully clear up without a visit to the doctor. The link to the promo will hopefully be rsolved soon.

No comments: