Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Week... Really?

Has it been a week since I sat down here in the den and wrote about life? It's crazy when I put it to myself in that way.

This was the week of band concerts. Megan had her concert band performance on Tuesday, Alex had his concert band performance on Thursday, and Megan had her jazz band performance last night. There is a renewed interest in insisting the kids practice their instruments. New rule: practice 5 out of 7 days a week with the week starting on Saturday. Kids just don't become musicians with a 1/2 hour of a lesson a week. Time has to be invested.

I wish, in some ways, I had that sort of oversight when I was younger. I took snare drum lessons (and then drumset lessons) for years and I never practiced. I wanted to be Peter Criss (KISS) or Liberty DeVito (Billy Joel) but I did not want to put the time into it.

I hope I can teach my kids to want it.

And my comment about having a repairman look @ the dryer? Didn't happen. Our new washer/dryer should be in our house in no less than 3 hours.

No comments: