Thursday, May 31, 2012

Week 1 - GCC

After a week of the GCC, here's where I am.
So this shows that Memorial Day was a personal best. I walked 16,000 steps. Since then, back to where I was before. With camping next week and being on vacation, I expect my step count to go up quite a bit. I plan to get up early on Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday and to go for a walk.

This graphic shows that I am above the step average for my team but below the average of "my organization" which I would like to match. It means less sitting on the couch at night and more going for a walk. The route I take is about 5 miles roundtrip and shown below. I need to make it more of a habit to show myself that I am serious.
I have a lot of things that I am getting serious about in my life. I want to walk more, I want to drink less Pepsi (somedays, I am more successful than other days, and I want to drop 20 lbs before the end of summer. I am getting a gut and I do not like it. At all. I've always been "too skinny" in the eyes of some and I'm seeing my 40-ish body start to betray me a bit. It's more work than it used to be to get up in the AM, to do simple things. I feel sore.
So that's why I am so serious about this GCC and about walking and about doing more than I think I can. This walking 10,000 steps a day is a serious effort on my part. I am energized by it. I want to do well. I want to exceed the organization's average. I want to top 16,000 steps at least one more time in the next few weeks. I want to drink less Pepsi and drink more water.

All of these are important to me. And it is up to me to not be a lazy oaf. No one is going to tell me to walk more. Just me. It's up to me. The question becomes: what is important to me.

No comments: