Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chesterfield Mall (Paradise)

We went to St. Louis for the 4th of July. We left on Monday.

Monday - Budweiser brewery & Alex and I went to a Cardinals game (they won) and sat 7 rows from the field. The seats were behind where the shortstop plays.
Tuesday - Arch & City Museum
Wednesday - Zoo
Thursday - Chesterfield Mall on the way home.

While each day has its own highlights, in my mind, going to the Chesterfield Mall was the highlight today. I didn't enter the mall with a lot of optimism. My initial thoughts were to find a bench, hopefully with a cushion, and bide my time until such a point in time that Megan and Karen would be done with a store called "Charming Charlies." I believe, however, that someone is looking out for me. I walked into the mall first and directly across from the door was a store called Slackers. It was a comic book, music, and video store. I knew things would be okay.

Upon entering Slackers, I saw a lot of things I wanted to buy. I always pause at the DVD box sets and think about buying the existing seasons (1-3) of "How I Met Your Mother" or a season of "ER" or even a season or two of "MASH." Today, like most other days, I walked past those temptations down the CD aisle. I saw the new Offspring and considered that as a purchase, but decided to return to it.

I'm glad I did. there was what can only be described as a plethora of CDs in a wooden rack. There were probably 12 shelves with each shelf holding at least 20 CDs. There was a sign on this rack: 25 CDs for $10. My heart skipped a beat. I started looking.

I walked out of Slackers with 25 CDs. I picked up a Spock's Beard from 2000 (V) and the other 24? I had never heard of them. As I write this, I am ripping them to MP3 and doing so randomly. The order in which they are ripped is the order in which I will write a review of them. My hope is to submit a review each week. We'll see how that goes as a challenge!

No comments: