Sunday, July 8, 2012

The St. Louis 25 but Only showing 24...

Before we left for a weekend at Elkader on Friday AM, I ripped the St. Louis 25 CDs to my 1 TB external hard drive. A careful eye will detect only 24 folders, but that is because Windows Media Player (which is the software I use to rip CDs to MP3) classified two CDs as having the artist called "Various Artists" and put two CDs worth of music into the same folder. There are two sub-folders under "Various Artists" but I'm not showing them in the capture below.
Of all those bands, the only one I've heard of previous to buying these 25 is Spock's Beard. I'm 99% sure I have one of their CD but I have not ripped it to MP3 yet. I'm sure I will sometime.

This AM, I thought about the cassette to MP3 conversion. I will collect my thoughts and post again soon. How's that for a tease?

No comments: