Monday, July 16, 2012

One a Day Until 2013

Without really meaning to do so, I've now done myself into a corner. My goal of hitting 1000 posts by 12/31/2012 means I have to post one blog entry a day for the rest of 2012. The challenge, of course, comes later this week when I will be off-line for at least 3 days. Maybe I can set up one of those auto-post thingies. I'll look at that later tonight.

Today, like last Monday, was pretty damn good. My work really rocks my world. I love being in meetings with my department and sharing ideas about what we should do and what we envision the future looks like for our product documentation. I've been with the company now for 1 year, 1 month, 2 weeks, 2 days, and time literally flies by during the day.

Right before I left, I began a project that will involve taking an existing manual, let's say Client A, and then changing all of those references to Client B. That was the easy part. The real work comes when I access Client B's system and modify the existing documentation to match what is actually in their system. And then, when that piece is done, I will tag the huge "single source" document with Client B's information so that whatever tool we end up with will be able to generate a manual that has Client B's information.

I saw this picture today:

I also cannot get enough of this song by TurboNegro:



I also have 44386 MP3s and WAV files. I have ceased converting cassettes because the fucking thing STOPPED WORKING and I have to send it back. This is the 3rd time.

No comments: