Tuesday, November 10, 2015

No Disservice

I took an Introduction to Music class at Mount Mercy during the Spring semester of my freshman year. It was taught by a husband & wife (William & Patricia Medley). Going into the first day of class, my preconceived idea was that we would learn about modern music. Sadly, for me, the class focused on classical music, a genre I don't know enough about to comment intelligently about. I don't recall any of our sessions discussing how to distinguish 3/4 time from 6/8 time from 9/8 from 12/8. While my brother took both piano and trombone lessons, my parents didn't allow me to take both piano and drum lessons. Imagine that. A child wanting to take piano lessons is not allowed to do so.

Anyways, I found this http://forum.emusictheory.com/read.php?5,1515,6769

No comments: