Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Only 44 Days Until the Movie Opens and the Fangs of the Haters are Sharpening

This is a ridiculous and condescending segment. Star Wars, to me, is like any franchise. You either like it and spout on and on about how great it is or you don't like it and can't even speak intelligently about the contents and sound like an idiot.

The hosts of this segment are idiots.

Another way to think of it is that I have never seen a single "Fast & Furious" movie. Thus, I don't have a qualified opinion as to whether it is a good or bad franchise. That means, if I'm talking to someone about the franchise, I say, "I haven't seen any of the movies so I don't have an informed opinion." I'll listen to the details of the franchise, but I won't call it dumb or use any negative words about it because I don't know if I like it or hate it.

In the same breath, I've filled up blog posts about my favorite movie franchises - Star Wars, Lethal Weapon, Indiana Jones, Die Hard, Back to the Future, probably others I can't think of at the moment. I can speak intelligently about these franchises and offer an opinion about the merits of each franchise.

The Fox hosts needed to be neutral about Star Wars and listen to the guest's opinion about why it is a good franchise to him. Personally, I feel bad for the guest as, essentially, he's trying to explain heavy metal music to a music fan who believes that the decline of civilization began with Elvis Presley.



No comments: