Monday, July 9, 2018

Increasing the Vocab

I consider my vocabulary to be above average although, especially on this blog, I know I like to use the same words repeatedly, which is fine, but I also don't want to be boring. Finding a way to increase the number of words I can use on this blog as well as in my private journals interests me as I want my writing to be interesting - "I want to be a boring writer" said no writer ever. One element of remaining non-boring - if I'm not being too pompous for saying "I'm not a boring writer" is to expand. Thus, in today's "Thought for the Day," one word - enmity - stood out as a word I had never used in any of my writing. I looked up its meaning, hoping to increase my vocabulary by 1. Success! Here's the "Thought for the Day" which is followed by the definition of enmity.



Update: Here's a second new vocabulary word! From http://www.thegazette.com/sean-mccarty-brown-deer-golf-iowa-pga-championship-20180622

No comments: