Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I Want Both: The Garage Set & The Gig

Just for the record, I've seen the drum set that is classified as 'Garage Drummer' below for several decades. The Tama catalog with that picture is long gone, but I know I got that Tama catalog from Carma Lou's House of Music on Center Point Road, though, to be honest, it may have been called Uncle Ike's when I picked it up. It was one of the first sets I had ever seen with the remote hi-hat over the mounted toms as well as one of the first sets I had ever seen with the drums in what many would call a "cage" setup. At the time, a lot of drummers were using similar sets, with a lot of drums and a lot of cymbals. Honestly, I never really "got" the purpose of the 8 Octabans that hang from the top of the cage.


I love where I work now and have zero plans to leave. That said, I would also love to know how I could be hired to work remotely as a technical writer for Tama, writing and editing documentation like the PDFs on this site: Tama Drum PDFs; it would be utopia! And, of course, I'd have to take one of those drum sets home to ensure I had "real world" experience with it.

Editor's Note: While researching the spelling of "Tama Octobans," Google was used.
When the search result in the red box was clicked, it presented the following page: 
This is the URL: https://www.tama.com/product/other.php?year=2018&area=2&cat_id=3&series_id=4 and no, there is not a search box on the Tama website, but I did find this page: https://www.tama.com/usa/products/detail/octobans.html

No comments: