Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Dom and AD

I've seen advertisements for Dom Famularo's books for decades, likely starting with the first issue of Modern Drummer I ever owned - the issue was from ... 1986? and has Alan Dawson on the cover. I remember reading that Dawson played drums with Sonny Rollins, but I didn't know who he was so it made no impression on me. Thus, in all those years since that issue to today, these things are true:
  1. I cannot recall ever hearing Dom Famularo play drums
  2. I cannot recall ever hearing Alan Dawson play drums
  3. I cannot recall ever hearing Sonny Rollins, either with Alan Dawson on drums or without
All of those end today, thanks to Drumeo posting the Dom Famularo video.


Then, when I thought about that first issue of Modern Drummer and recalled Alan Dawson being on the cover, it prompted a brief trip to youtube.com, which is where I found the videos below:




No comments: