Thursday, February 21, 2019

Ideal Job

I might have confessed this before but I don't remember when I did it so I'll repeat it. I know what my ideal job is.

It would be to be involved in Live Metallica.com or Metallica.com, writing content or ... hell, I don't care what it would be! I would retype every word on either site as long as I was involved in the content of either website. I love the tone & layout of this page: https://www.metallica.com/band-timeline.html and, without going over every page on the site, I'm sure there are a zillion other great & awesome pages. I would love to somehow be involved in their content.


Just for the record, I have a VHS tape in my basement that was recorded on July 30, 1991, when this video premiered.


I distinctly remember clear as if it was today that day, even if it was 10067 days (27 years, 6 months, 3 weeks) ago. It will be 20000 days on May 3, 2046, when I am have been alive 27909 days (76 years, 4 months, 4 weeks, 1 day). If I could beg for anything, I would beg two things. First, that I am alive and second, that I have my hearing so I can listen to "Enter Sandman" again. Hell, even if I don't have hearing, I would hope that I could feel the pulsating drums and bass in a stereo speaker. I mean, just listen & watch this video again - it's brilliant!


Anyways, if I had cancer (I do not) and if I was a kid (I am 9 months, 1 week, 6 days (286 days) from my 50th birthday), I would choose to work for Live Metallica.com or Metallica.com as my "Make a Wish" wish. If nothing else, I would love to fill in the gaps on the website for these 4 times when Metallica played in Cedar Rapids, IA. Only Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States Five Seasons Center / November 10, 1991 has a set list, but not the concerts in 1985, 1986, or 1989. I would also fix the issue that makes "Quick Links" cover "...might be interesting" in the screen capture below:
If I could go back in time, I would tell the version of me that was living in Cedar Rapids on the 1985 and 1986 dates to go see Metallica. That would be the best thing I could do, if I could time travel, given how all the other terrible things that have happened in my life have, more or less, made me who I am today. 


No comments: