Wednesday, June 5, 2019

What *is* Nu Metal?!?

Personally, I don't consider Incubus or Kid Rock "nu metal", but okay, whatever.

I've seen these "book your concert with a budget" graphics before for other genres. What irks me with 99.9% of these "book your concert with a budget" graphics is that there is never enough in the budget to get one from each row. You would need a budget of [10 + 20 + 30 + 40 + 50 =] $150 to do so.

As for my ideal concert?
$10 - Sevendust
$20 - Papa Roach
$30 - Incubus
$40 - Linkin Park (but only if Chester Bennington sang, otherwise, none)
$50 - Slipknot (but only because I saw Korn in 2017 at Chicago Open Air)

Out of those 15 bands, I've seen 4 - Korn, Papa Roach, P.O.D, and Sevendust, but if I factor in the number of times I've seen Papa Roach (Memphis, Moline, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines so 4 times), and the number of times I've seen Sevendust (Cedar Rapids x 2, a couple of minutes in Waterloo when they were an unannounced / unadvertised opener for Five Finger Death Punch), I get pushed up to 10. <grin>

No comments: