Monday, March 30, 2020

What a Gem!

This is an atrocity! I have loved the band called "Pain" for a very long time. I recall playing their tune called "Antidote" from the Wonderful Beef album for Chuck, my ex-brother-in-law. I specifically recall that Chuck liked the tune. That fact is only significant if you know that Chuck was a big Rush fan so liking "Antidote" which sounds nothing like 2112 made me chuckle. I still love "Antidote" for its lyrics and guitar riff:


This is a favorite tune of mine on Wonderful Beef as well:


A few years later, Full Speed Ahead was released. I wrote a review of it for Dailyvault.com - I stand by what I wrote. I don't brag up my review writing but rereading this sentence from 20 years ago (!!) cracked me up:

Was this going to be another 'live in" CD or a $50 night of passion?

Also, I was surprised I mentioned Wonderful Beef in the review, but that, per the Pain page, I never wrote a review of that album. Perhaps that needs to be corrected in the near future!


Editor's Note: Added the Pain label to the blog.

No comments: