Monday, June 8, 2020

Diagram Above

One thing that bugs me as a technical writer is when I read a manual for a product that I own and see obvious mistakes.  Sometimes,  the mistake is worth nothing more than a smirk,  as is the case with the example in this post. 

First,  I realize that no one reads the manual.  Second,  I realize that the example in this post is from a manual for our 2008 Jayco camper and,  between then and now,  it's likely that this mistake has been corrected. 

But,  it existed in 2008 and the text says "Although the above diagrams may not accurately reflect," the mistake is that the diagrams are actually BELOW the text.  There's no diagrams "above " that paragraph. 
So,  yes,  I realize that it is a mistake that doesn't really matter in the big picture, but because I am who I am,  I am going to point out the mistakes when I see them. 

No comments: