Sunday, June 28, 2020

OO in DM TODAY!!!!

Editor's Note: One of the joys of scheduling a post for publication is that it can be forgotten and what gets posted should have been edited. Sadly, no, the Ozzy Osbourne concert in Des Moines, IA, that was scheduled for tonight, has been postponed. Or canceled. Not entirely sure.
On April 4, 2019, which feels like ages ago, mainly because it was 453 days (1 year, 2 months, 3 weeks, 5 days) ago, I read on Loudwire.com the sad news that Ozzy Osbourne Suffers Serious Injury, All 2019 Tour Dates Postponed.

I remember 4/4/2019. When Karen and I were eating brat patties with mashed potatoes while watching "The Big Bang Theory," I told Karen that the Ozzy Osbourne concert had been postponed to June 30, 2020.

She asked, "What if we're busy that night?"

I said, "Does it involve boobs?"

She said, "No."

I quipped, "I'm going to see Ozzy Osbourne."

Not more than 1 hour later, my friend Jason Lester called me. He was the friend who originally asked me if I wanted to go with him to see Ozzy in concert.

He was quick and direct: are you still in for Ozzy for the postponed date, he asked.

You know my answer.


Thus, tonight in Des Moines, IA, I am going to see Megadeath open for Ozzy Osbourne at the Wells Fargo Arena. I cannot wait!

No comments: