Monday, August 10, 2009

Catching Up...

Friday night, our wedding anniversary, did not go as planned. There was torrential rain and lightening and wind and it was not fun. If it wasn't for the fact that this storm arrived at 5 AM Saturday AM, it would have been our worst wedding anniversary ever. As it was, the sun dried every thing out, the college group went canoing, I was sober doing so and every thing went fine. On top of that, I only played one game of Euchre and my team won. We had brat burgers and hamburgers for supper, I ate two brat burgers, and my full stomach made me sleepy. The next thing I know, Karen is waking me up to go to bed. She woke up at 8 on Sunday AM and noticed the dark clouds so we quickly packed up the camper prior to going to eat in Cresco at 10. That turned out to be a good decision because while we were eating, it began to rain. Because we had hooked up the camper, we did not have to drive back to the campground and pack up in the rain.
We got home last night, fairly early, because I thought Immaculate Conception Sunday PM Mass was at 5, but it was really 5:30. Guess who arrived 30 minutes early? It was okay because we were able to say the rosary because a lady was leading it.
We got home, ordered pizza, and then the dark clouds and a storm came our way. As the storm hit our area, the Pizza Hut guy arrived. I tipped him $2 (instead of my usual $1) and we watched Bridezilla as we ate. Because of the storms, I didn't bother sitting at the PC.
Tonight, then, is a catch-up night. I watched WWE Raw (of course) so it's now 10:50. I need to register Alex for school, I need to find out more about the LAMB OF GOD show in Des Moines, IA, on Friday, October 9th - PLEASE, LET ME HAVE NOTHING PLANNED!!! - and I also need to get this blog caught up.
And the first way to do that is to listen to Zach Gill's "Don't Touch My Stuff"





One of the kids on the Dudes has left the team because he was asked to play on another team. You wouldn't know him but he is a good player. I liked coaching him the last couple of years. I had visions of him being a leader for the team because it seemed like everyone likes him. As of now, I will be the assistant coach. I know we will be able to have a good season with the remaining players. We started to play well towards the end. I am hoping each member realizes that teamwork is the key and PASSING is the key to a good team.
So, yes, Lamb of God is playing in Des Moines on a Friday night. They are headlining 25 shows and opening 25 shows for Metallica on this tour. Unfortunately, the show in Des Moines is - and this is said as positive as possible - just them and Job for a Cowboy:

GROSS!!! Plus GWAR!!!

I don't know if I can tolerate Job for a Cowboy and GWAR...




So let's pause a moment. I don't like Job for a Cowboy. But I like this song by Otep:

Fair? Does that make sense? No? Oh well...

No comments: