Saturday, August 1, 2009

Weddings and Crashers

We watched the majority of "Wedding Crashers" last night as it was on 'regular' cable. I forgot how annoying Vince Vahan is. I don't really think he is very funny. Owen Wilson is okay but... neither are a Bill Murray or Chevy Chase.

We also watched the majority of "G.I. Jane." I am such a wimp. There is no way, in my mind, that I could do any of the physical training depicted in that movie. I know it's Hollywood and there is probably a giant chasm between reality and that movie... but even with the stuff they have to do in the movie... I am too wimpy. Given that, I appreciate the armed services because they protect me and my family. Because of them, I do not have to be a Navy SEAL or carry a gun or fly a plane. I have a lot of respect for them.

Back to today. We are leaving in a short 1.5 hours for Des Moines for Karen's cousin's wedding. My in-laws are picking us up and we're riding with them. It is 8:25 AM now and the wedding is @ 2. Because of the location of the church and the location of the hotel, we are getting ready for the wedding here b/c we aren't going to the hotel first.

Karen is done in the shower so I need to go. Should be a good time. I'm excited.

No comments: