Friday, August 14, 2009

Megan is 13 but we didn't go to WWE

Karen and I took Megan out to the Brown Bottle in downtown Iowa City for supper. It's a fancy Italian place. It was just the three of us but twice during supper she said that something was missing: her brother Alex. We gave her a cell phone for her birthday, which she adores. I have to say going to dinner with our young lady was better than seeing HHH and the rest of the WWE stars in Cedar Rapids. I had offered to take her and get her a big tub of popcorn so we could throw it at the bad guys, but she declined my offer. Karen took her to have her hair down fancy and she looks mature. My little girl is turning into a young woman. Here's a scary thought. It's possible that within the next decade, she will marry someone. She'd be 23. It's possible. That's too scary for me to contemplate further...

No comments: