Monday, November 15, 2010

Prior to Moving On, A thought...

I really *really* like taking Alex to drum lessons @ West Music. I really *really* like walking in, going into their drum room, reaching into their bucket of sticks and picking two, exiting the drum room, walking to an electronic drumset, putting on headphones, picking a drum set from the multiple options that are pre-programmed, and then playing drums during Alex's lesson. For the last two weeks, I had the best of it all because Alex's drum lesson was from 6:30-7 and then Megan's sax lesson was from 7-730. That meant, literally, playing drums for 1 hour. My shoulders and arms were tired the last two Monday nights. Tonight, it was an intense 6:30-7. I dabbled in rock, country, blues, 6/8 pop, metal, and some tracks where there was just a tambourine or just an agogo rhythm. It was a lot of fun. The set I play lists for $4399. I don't know if that includes all equipment to make it go through a speaker or not. There is a $300 rebate from now until the end of the year. If only...

No comments: