Tuesday, November 27, 2012

As a Matter of Fact, Yes!

I really like my job. I find it refreshing to come to an employer that allows me to grow as a person, as a writer, as a citizen of our great country, each day. Today, I was tracking down how a change to the system would change the documentation. When I asked questions, I got polite answers. No one has an attitude that is not in parallel with getting work done the right way. I have a co-worker who has the authority to reset user IDs in the system and whenever I ask him to reset a user ID, he is responsive, even though I know he is busy. Sonia, my co-worker, is on vacation in India until mid-December so any emails sent to her get routed to me. When I investigated an email that was sent to me (originally to Sonia), everyone is nice. A co-worker, out of the office until Friday, checked work email and got me in touch with who I can talk to in the meantime.

All that means is that I am in a really good place as far as work/employment goes in this stage of my life. As a matter of fact, yes, I have zero intention of leaving.

Of course, there is more to life than work. At home, things have been pretty good. Karen happens to be home sick with a chest cold. She had a cyst removed from her back and that has allowed me to step up in multiple ways. The laundry, the dishwasher, the laundry, making supper... NOT complaining. I feel like I am contributing more to the family.

Tonight (Tuesday), Alex plays basketball @ SEJH and Megan works 5-8. I took the van to work so Megan could drive the Canyon (truck) to work. Later, the Iowa men's basketball team play West Virginia. I am hoping they win. They are 2-9 in the Big Ten / ACC challenge.

Tomorrow, Karen sees the doc, Alex has basketball practice & religious ed.

Thursday, Alex has his final basketball game.

Friday, we are going to play cards with friends in Ely.

Saturday, Alex and I may go see the Iowa men's swim meet. Megan works 7-1 & 5-10. We'll probably go to 5:15 Mass. I'll probably play drums. It will also be 700 days (1 year, 11 months) of being sober!

Sunday, Megan will go to 11 AM Mass and I'll probably play drums.

No comments: