Friday, November 2, 2012

Conversion Status

I ran my DOS batch file, the code being:
|
cd\
e:
cd e:\music
Dir *.mp3 *.wav /s >e:\music\mostrecentcount.txt
e:\music\mostrecentcount.txt
cd\
f:
cd f:\music
Dir *.mp3 *.wav /s >f:\music\mostrecentcount.txt
f:\music\mostrecentcount.txt
|
And this is what I got: 47819 File(s) 263,362,518,913 bytes

My ideal thinking was that I would be at 48,000 on Nov 1 and 49,000 on Dec 1, which would then get me to 50,000 on January 1. As it's going to work out, I think those goals are overly ambitious. For example, I did not convert *anything* this week for the LP to MP3 conversion. There are only 10 left. But then, I'll move on to the stack of my records that I would want to convert.

And then, I'll move on to the stacks of CDs that are not done.

And then, I'll move on to the boxes of cassettes that are not done.

Realistically, I'll get back to the cassette conversion on or around 1/1/2013.

No comments: