Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ring of Fire

I don't remember exactly when, but sometime over the last few months, my wedding ring broke in the sense that the ring became an imperfect circle. I took it to the jeweler a week ago and today, I am going to pick it up. I haven't worn my wedding ring for several months so this will be a change for me.

I took my ring to the jeweler where we bought the rings. This jeweler has a program where you bring in your ring every so often and they mark on a sheet of paper that they checked it. Then, if you have issues, they know that they have been checked.

Last night, I began the task of looking for that paperwork. For several years, it was the first file in Karen's file cabinet in the den. Now, of course, when I need it, it was not there. I brought up the first few file folders to the living room and as we watched last week's Survivor, I went through the paperwork that we had accumulated. Got rid of receipts from 2007, 2008, and 2009, but did not find the ring information. The more I think about it, the more I think I moved it to another filing system, which is a black case with a handle. I kind of remember moving our important stuff to that filing system so it could be quickly taken out of the house if there was a fire.

The takeaway form this post is that I am getting my ring back tonight and that I'm unable to find important paperwork. Again.

No comments: