Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Punctuate the Sentence

Two quick quips.

  1. On HATT, Sue Heim posted this:
    |

    One of today's headlines is:
    Son accused of killing mother in court
    No, the son did NOT kill the mother while they were in court. Sigh... He was finally accused of killing her, in their home, three years ago. You can read the full story here: http://www.10news.com/news/son-accused-of-killing-mother-in-court.

    |
    To which Simon Holt replied:
    |

    If you haven't seen this before, enjoy...

    -----
    Dear John:
    I want a man who knows what love is all about.
    You are generous, kind, thoughtful.
    People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior.
    You have ruined me for other men.
    I yearn for you.
    I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart.
    I can be forever happy.
    Will you let me be yours?
    Gloria

    And now...

    Dear John:
    I want a man who knows what love is.
    All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you.
    Admit to being useless and inferior.
    You have ruined me.
    For other men, I yearn.
    For you, I have no feelings whatsoever.
    When we're apart, I can be forever happy.
    Will you let me be?
    Yours,
    Gloria

    |
  2. I put in requests to review the new Soundgarden, the 20th anniversary re-issue of Megadeth's "Countdown to Extinction", the second of Green Day's trio of albums (Dos), and a request for a couple of passes to the POD, Three Days Grace, and ShineDown concert on 2/1/13, along with POD's new release. Hopefully, good music coming my way!

No comments: