Monday, November 25, 2013

Back in the Saddle

There are so many things I want to capture from the awesome weekend in Indianapolis at NCYC. I can't decide if I want to compose a single post or if I want to break out each memory that I want to capture into snippets of the time I spent. I'm butting up against a self-imposed schedule to reach 1400 posts by tomorrow, which is the 6th anniversary of this blog. Yeah, crazy. I have this post, a scheduled post, plus 4 more to write before tomorrow. I am not sure I will be able to watch WWE *and* write that much. I think it's important, though, to thoroughly capture what I am thinking about my life, about my faith, and about how I want to live my life in the time I have on earth. I'm not being overly morbid, but it was really driven home by more than one speaker, each day on this earth is precious and if you think / say, "I'll live the way God wants me to live starting tomorrow because I'm not going to die today," I am rolling the dice that I will be here tomorrow, but Scripture says, "Be watchful because you don't know the day or hour."

Overall, I had a tremendously amazing time. I made a connection with a lot of people, including some I predict I will never see again, but that connection, that 'touch' will not be forgotten. For example, I talked to kids from Albany, New York. I said to her, "I think there's a famous band from Albany, but I can't remember who." It turns out that Count the Stars is from Albany. Anyone that has read this space for any length of time knows that CTS is MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME and here I was, unable to recall that tidbit of information. I was unable to find that girl again.

I haven't decided how to capture the many thoughts in my head so stay tuned.




No comments: