Monday, November 4, 2013

On the Way to 65,000 MP3s

I made significant progress on the conversion last night as my total rose to 64356 File(s) 534,568,250,156 bytes. The schedule for this week is still being shook out, but I'm hoping for at least some time tonight and tomorrow night to continue. I am thinking I will have 75,000 MP3s when all of my CDs are converted.

So while the CD aspect of the conversion is progressing, the cassette aspect is dead in the water. I was somewhat disheartened when I noticed how far behind I am on that aspect. I have marked the boxes of cassettes I have with a two month window. I am several months behind, partly due to a sharper focus on the CD to MP3 conversion aspect. My new plan is to focus on CDs from now until 12/31/2013 in the hope that I can actually get through them all. If that happens, the start of 2014 will be the start of a renewed effort on converting cassettes. I have nearly 1000 to go through so I know it is an aspect of the conversion that will take at least a couple of years, if not more.

My hard deadline for the entire conversion project (CDs, cassettes, videos, LPs) is 12/31/2021 but my hope is that I am not working on this in 2021. I have no idea how many hours the cassettes are going to require. I don't even have a firm idea if 2021 is realistic.

No comments: