Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Monday

This post describes what I did last night in chronological order.
  1. Because Megan and I went to the concert Sunday night - Bush, Theory of a Deadman, and a third band called Stars in Stereo (who weren't advertised to appear - I didn't watch the new episode of "The Walking Dead" until last night. WOW!! That show is gruesome! I sat down to watch it last night while Alex did homework downstairs. There's a recap in this article that summarizes it while this article is an interview with the Andrew Lincoln, the actor who plays "Rick" on the show. Finally, there's this article that came out last Wednesday about the episode I watched last night.
  2. Soon, it became close to 7 PM, when Monday Night Raw is on. As a follow up to my post last week about Sting, there was a segment during WWE Raw last night with my hero. While I am not going to pay for the WWE Network, as part of me thinks that at some point in the future, it will be part of basic cable, if I were looking for reasons to buy a subscription for $9.99, Sting showing up at the Fastlane PPV may not exactly be a compelling reason to do so. That's because, in this day and age of youtube.com and online media, I *know* that there will be footage of Sting's appearance at Fastlane online by Monday morning. It's kind of like movies, in a sense. You can pay ~$10 to see a movie on opening night or you can wait a few weeks and pay ~$5 for a ticket (and ~$5 in gas so I guess it's a wash) to see the same movie at the Collins Road Theater (CRT) in Cedar Rapids. The advantage of waiting is that the CRT is a locally owned and operated theater; the other area movie theaters are not. Be all as it may, the segment was well done, as shown below. I also read this article about the WWE Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania, which will be either Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar or Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar. The article talks analyzes the rumors swirling around about making the match a triple threat match with Reigns, Lesnar, and Bryan. The article goes through the pros and cons of different scenarios.
  3. During Raw, I had a couple of thoughts about my CD collection. The first was that I have two old speakers that I bought from Chris, a foreign exchange student from Belgium, in 1990. I haven't used the speakers in the last decade. They used to be in the living room upstairs but when the stereo we had them hooked into "died" the speakers were moved to the den, where they have sat. They are heavy speakers, made of solid wood. The original front of them are blue but Mom stapled black fabric over them and that made them look a lot better. When I went into the den to get some CDs to put on an empty cake box that Jeremy at work had rounded up for me, I thought, "I wonder how many CDs I could fit inside of a speaker?" I took the stuff off of it and brought it out to the area in the basement where the TV is. I took out the insulation stuff as well as the electrical / circuit board stuff out. Then I experimented with stacks of CDs as well as spindles of CDs. It boils down to I can fit ~200 CD cases inside each speaker. That would help me a little, but not a lot. I can only fit 6 spindles of 100 CDs each, but I have 35 spindles total. The thought I had later, when it was nearly time to go to bed, was "I wonder how many cassettes I could fit inside of a speaker?" Right now, my cassettes are in a multitude of boxes that used to have candy in them from when they sold candy as a fundraiser at Regina. When I bought the cassette to MP3 hardware / software, I marked on the outside of each box a schedule of when I was going to convert the cassettes in each box. Had I followed that schedule, all of my cassettes would be converted to MP3 by now. Anyways, that's an idea I may look into tonight.
  4. Right before bed, I flipped through the channels and ended up on "Fireproof." I kid you not, this scene, at the very end of the movie, brought tears to my eyes. I'm not really a "mushy movie" kind of guy, but this ending gets to me no matter how many times I see it.
  5. Still haven't found my wedding ring.

No comments: